Booking Terms | Bookings, Deposit Payments, Cancellations
Bookings and Deposit Payments
- To Book: If you would like to book a room you can simply Book Online or Contact Us.
- For bookings made directly with us – either online through our website or through a phone booking, no initial deposit or payment is required. We do ask for your credit card details as part of confirming your booking.
- Using Other Booking Websites: If you choose to use other booking websites, e.g. www.hostelbookers.com or www.hostelworld.com you may be required to pay an initial deposit at the time of making your booking.
- For Group Bookings: This applies for when booking for 6 persons or more for the same time period of stay. For group bookings please see our specific Group Bookings Cancellation Policy listed below.
We appreciate early notification of any cancellations made so that we may re-let the room reserved.
Our Cancellation Policy | For Bookings Made Directly with Us
- Standard Cancellations: 48 hours’ notice is required by our office prior to the date of arrival to avoid the cancellation fee. All cancellations must be received by 8pm of each day, otherwise it will be deemed to be received, and the notification period will commence from, 8am the following morning. (Our office hours are 8am – 8pm each day).
- Public Holidays/Special Events: For bookings over public holidays and special events, 1 month’s notice is required prior to the date of arrival to avoid the cancellation fee. This includes New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day (Dec 31 / Jan 1), Waitangi Day (Feb 6) Rugby Sevens Weekend.
- Cancellation Fee: The cancellation fee is equal to one night's accommodation and will be charged directly to the credit card details provided at the time of making the booking.
- Group Bookings Cancellation Policy: When booking for 6 persons or more for the same time period of stay, 1 month’s notice is required prior to the date of arrival, to avoid the cancellation fee. The cancellation fee for group bookings is equal to one night's accommodation per person booked and will be charged directly to the credit card details provided at the time of making the booking.
For bookings made via Other Booking Websites
- If you booked via another booking website, e.g. www.hostelbookers.com or www.hostelworld.com, please notify us of your cancellation. However, for you to possibly receive reimbursement of your deposit paid you will need to request the refund directly from the booking site. Please read their Terms and Conditions regarding refunds. You may be required to give up to 48 hours’ notice of cancellation prior to the date of arrival for you to be eligible to receive a deposit refund. Some sites may not offer a deposit refund.
Payment in Full on Arrival
Our guests are asked to pay their amount in full on arrival at their time of check in.